For those of you who are new, I am a mom of a 7-month-old baby girl, 4 year-old kid/toddler a/k/a business man and a 12 year-old pre-teen. The fact that I work full-time, majority of my time is devoted to my three little munchkins and very little time for myself.
Being a full-time working mom, wife and an aspiring entrepreneur shit can get hectic, hell my house is upside down as I type this blog but that’s beside the point lol. It’s all about balance, scheduling things and routines.
First things first, you have to become a goal oriented person. If you’re not goal oriented, please get in the habit of writing down the things you want to achieve. I know this may sound self-explanatory but honestly there is a lot of people who don’t know where to even start. WRITE DOWN YOUR GOALS. I don’t care how simple it is, write it down. Once my kids go to sleep at night, I am always working on something that relates to one of my goals. It has now become a habit.
Here are a few things that help with achieving my own personal goals:
- Put the kids on a routine (bath routine, night time routine, morning routine, you name it!)
- Give chores (husbands and babies included lol – j/k on the babies)
- Time block – especially if you are in school
- Ask for help! (There was one particular time I had a paper due for three classes, I literally packed my kids up and she kept them for the weekend while I got my work done)
- Utilize your lunch break or even multi-task at work if need be
- Dedicate time after the kids are sleep
- Write it down, Make it happen!
Thank you for reading!